The first thing that you should do when you have found a property that you wish to buy is to get a mortgage, most of the time people have a rough idea of what they will be allowed to borrow, the amount that you will be allowed to borrow will depend on your income, the lenders will take every financial commitment that you have into deciding your final figure.
There are lots of different mortgages available today, make sure that you know every little bit so you have no surprises in the future. If the property that you wish to mortgage is too expensive and the mortgage that you are offered is too little, you may wish to take a personal loan so you don’t lose your dream home, many lenders will arrange this for you as sometimes there is no other option.
Some of the Mortgages available today offer you:
- A fixed Rate for 1 to 10 years
- A lump sum back to you
- Endowment Mortgage
- Tracker, track the Bank of England base rate
- Discount Mortgage, you pay less in the early years
- Capped Rate, cap your rate but still benefit if rates fall
- First time buyer Mortgage, includes many bonuses
- Standard variable rate with no tie in
- Buy to Let, borrow up to 75% of an investment property